UK Scholarship Challenge 2020
Participate in the UK Scholarship Challenge 2020 and win 50% scholarship for 2-3 years Bachelor’s degree in the United Kingdom under the NCUK International Foundation Year (1+3) and International Year One (1+2) Programme, organised by British Academic Centre
UK Scholarship Challenge 2020 Campaign with British Academic Centre
Transform Together Scholarships provided by Sheffield Hallam University are a great opportunity for students to express their academic and English language competencies in order to win up to 50% scholarship for a complete Bachelor’s Degree programme. All scholarships need not be repaid.
Applicant’s Qualifications and Eligibility
Scholarship applicants must meet the following qualifications to be eligible:
- Currently a grade 11 – 12 student, with applicable IGSCE or GED Test scores
- Permission to participate signed and granted from parents and the school’s advisor.
Documents for Application
- Online application form,
- 1 inch photo
- copy of national ID card or passport
Note: Scholarship Requirements
- – The provided scholarships do not require repayment for the period of study in the United Kingdom. The students awarded the scholarship will become the university’s ambassadors and participate in various activities organised by the university, and will be awarded an official certificate of honour from the university.- The five scholarship awarded students are obligated to enroll in the International Foundation Year Programme at the British Academic Center of Thailand for a 9 month-period at the price of 600,000 Baht as a foundation course to prepare students for three years of Bachelor’s degree programme in the United Kingdom. Granted scholarships are up to 50% and effective until graduation at Sheffield Hallam University.
Bachelor’s Degree Programme in the United Kingdom
As a result of the differences in Thailand and the United Kingdom’ educational systems, students graduated from secondary schools operating under Thailand’s education system are required to study an extra year course called International Foundation Year Programme which functions as a two or three term preparatory course equivalent to completing UK’s High School A-Level before enrolling in an undergraduate study programme at the University.
British Academic Centre is the sole delivery centre in Thailand that offers the International Foundation and International Year One, a language and academic preparatory programme for high school graduates who want to continue their Bachelor’s degree in UK. All courses are the same as those studied in the United Kingdom and are designed by NCUK The University Consortium, comprising 16 reputable universities in the United Kingdom. For example,
The courses have been implemented for more than 30 years, and therefore are widely recognised and accepted by every university in the United Kingdom, including some universities in the United States of America, Australia, and New Zealand. The International Foundation Programme offered at British Academic Centre and NCUK has reached its fourth year iteration, and graduates of this programme can enroll in several leading universities in the United Kingdom. Throughout the course, students will be well cared of, both in terms of academics, advices regarding university, accommodation, VISA application, and preparations before travelling abroad.
Scholarship Test details
Test fee 650 THB
Test date: 15th February 2020
Test details: 2 Subjects
- English including Listening Reading Writing and Speaking
(Listening, Reading and Writing 50 mins for each / Speaking 15 mins)
9.00 – 12.00: Listening, Reading and Writing
13.00- 13.50: Mathematics (Multiple choice and essay)
14.10: Start speaking test (Running by queue)
For Speaking Test: Interview with native speaker / it will take 15 minutes per student.
***Test venue: British Academic Center, British Council Ladproa, Rasa Tower I, 3rd Floor, Phaholyothin Road, Ladyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900 Thailand.
Deadline to apply and submit an application: 25 January 2020
Announcement for Scholarship test taker: 31 January 2020
Announcement for test result: 5 March 2020
Confirm to receive scholarship within 16 March 2020 (for those who has achieved 1st – 4th place winner)
Scholarship award winner announcement: 1st April 2020
For Further Information:
Call Centre: 0875596888, 0846479090, 0804519999